Tamanu and Macadamia Oil (V)100% SSL Secure
Rich, smooth oil with a natural woody aroma.
We import tamanu oil direct from the South Paciﬁc island of Vanuatu. It is wild-harvested. It contains an unusual antibiotic lactone and a unique non-steroidal anti-inﬂammatory agent, Calophyllolide. Tamanu also contains anti-microbial compounds. Several of the fatty acids encourage skin cell growth which makes it ideal for treating many skin conditions. This property also means that tamanu is considered anti-ageing.
Macadamia nut oil is a natural emollient, easily absorbed by the skin. It is deeply moisturising as well as anti-inflammatory. The high Palmitoleic (Omega 7) fatty acid content make macadamia nut oil very compatible with the skin, while helping to stimulate collagen production. It provides the essential fatty acids vital for a ﬁrm, smooth appearance. Keeps the skin supple, youthful and elastic, with a satin-looking ﬁnish.
Tamanu & Macadamia nut oil contains:
- Fatty Acids: Oleic (Omega 9) 53.5%, Linoleic (Omega 6) 5.35%, Linolenic (Omega 3) 0.2%, Palmitic 19.5 %, Palmitoleic (Omega 7) 9.7%, Stearic 14.95%, Arachidic 2.52%
- Plant wax, proteins, minerals (including Magnesium)
- Also contains a high proportion of Neutral Lipids, Glycolipids and Phosolipids which help the skin's barrier function: retaining moisture and defending it from free radicals
- Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B6, C, E
High Palmitoleic (Omega 7), Oleic (Omega 6), Linoleic fatty acids (Omega 6) and Vitamin E content makes this oil an ideal healing oil, deeply moisturising and easily absorbed, with a non-oily feel.
- Calms and moisturises rough and inﬂamed skin. For adults, children and babies
- Minimises scars, stretch-marks
- Stimulates skin-cell growth, therefore anti-ageing and heals cuts (only apply once wound has closed)
- Calms eczema, psoriasis, acne, insect bites, itching, nappy rash
- Anti-bacterial, anti-inﬂammatory, anti-oxidant
- Shaving oil and after-shave soother
- Moisturising hair treatment for dry, frizzy hair
- Proven to have a natural SPF of 18 to 22 even in a 1% dilution
How to use
Use a small amount as required, massaging into your skin using your fingertips.
Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) oil, Calophyllum Tacamahaca (Tamanu) seed oil
Patch test nut-based oils if you suffer from nut allergies.
Tamanu oil is bitter; please avoid eyes and lips.
This product is suitible for vegans.
Shelf life : 24 months